Oyegun: 'No amount of money can buy my conscience,' APC chairman replies Tinubu

John Oyegun, chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has reacted to allegations levelled against him by the party's national leader, Bola Tinubu.

“Oyegun has dealt a heavy blow to the very party he professes to lead. It is an awful parent who suffocates his own child for the sake of a few naira,” Tinubu said in a statement » on Sunday, September 24, 2016.
Oyegun, in a statement issued on Friday, October 7, 2016, however, described the allegation as reckless and baseless.

"This reckless and baseless corruption allegation levelled against me is unfortunate and an insult to my person and my hard-earned reputation which I have strongly maintained," Oyegun said.

"Nobody has the kind of money that can buy my conscience or make me do injury to an innocent man. In all the primaries conducted under my watch as national chairman, I have strived to ensure a free, fair, transparent and credible process. The 2016 Ondo state APC Governorship Primary Election was not an exception," he added.

Reacting to the allegation that he secretly excused himself during a prayer interlude to submit the name of Rotimi Akeredolu 's name to INEC, Oyegun said;"We do not and have never engaged in prayer interludes/sessions outside the usual opening and closing prayers."

Oyegun further appealed to leaders and members of the party to explore internal dispute resolution mechanisms in addressing their "perceived grievances" instead of resorting to the media to vent their spleen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canada Fitness Hunt Carnival and Competition commences in Benin

Edo Man O' War hold 2024 Commanders' Retreat

The Man Godwin Obaseki: Getting the Job Done - Chris Osa Nehikhare