EDHA: INEC Issues Certificate Of Return ToAdenomo

From, Osemwengie Ben ogbemudia Benin

  Independent National Electoral Commission yesterday issued certificate of return to Mr Godwin  Ogbemudia  Adenomo as the duly elected member representing  Ovia South West Constituency, Edo State House of Assembly 

The Court of Appeal in its judgment last week  sacked the member representing the constituency, Hon Sunday Aghedo and consequently ordered the immediate swearing in of Mr Godwin Adenomo as the rightful elected member

    Adenomo had dragged All Progressives Congress(APC) including the Party  Primary Election Committee to court over alleged imposition of the embattled lawmaker in 2014.

    Speaking with newsmen, Adenomo who stormed the State House of Assembly 

Accompanied by large number of supporters said he came to formerly submitted  the certificate of return and court judgment to the leadership of the State Assembly while awaiting to be sworn in 

     "Today I presented  myself before the State House  of Assembly and presented my certificate of return. I have done everything within time limit and I expect speeding action and by the God grace I hope every thing will be done to ensure ensure speedy swearing in"

        On the legal implication of the court judgement, he posited  "By law the former House of Assembly member does not have the locus to seat as the member representing the constituency any longer. What entitles him to seat, the certificate of return has been withdrawn. What is important is that as we speak the former member cannot legally seat at the State House of Assembly. As at yesterday he sized to be a member of the State House of Assembly

      He however ruled out the possibility of the court judgment to infiltrate crises in the party   " I m very happy, though Justice was delay but it was never denied . The judgment says the former member should return every paraphernalia and penny he had collected so far to me. So when we finish this process I will approach court for enforcement but as for swearing in I will depend on my party for that. It is a family matter I don't have problem with any body" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canada Fitness Hunt Carnival and Competition commences in Benin

Edo Man O' War hold 2024 Commanders' Retreat

The Man Godwin Obaseki: Getting the Job Done - Chris Osa Nehikhare