APC youth leader beaten to coma, wife seeks for justice

Hell was let loose on Wednesday when some political thugs numbering up to
ten descended heavily on the All Progressives Congress (APC) ward three youth
leader in Egor local government area of Edo State,  Mr. iziengbe chester for
decamping from the People's Democratic Party to the ruling party APC.

Mr iziengbe chester who was beaten to stupor regained consciousness in a
private hospital after few days.

According to Mrs Blessing Iziengbe Chester, her husband was revived by a
medical doctor in a private hospital after nine days in COMA.

Mrs  Chester, said since she and her husband reported the case at Ugbowo
police station, nothing has been done to arrest the thugs. She therefore
appeal to the state Commissioner of police and the Inspector general of
police to come to their rescue.

" As we speak now, these same political thugs has chased my husband away,
Edo state governorship election is over, I don't know why they are still
after my family"

Narrating the husband's ordeal in the hands of the thugs, Mrs Erhunse Chester
said, "On the 30th of May , 2016 which was on Monday,  chester went to the
station with me , getting there, we met kawawa with the same thugs that
came to our house. Immediately Mr kawawa saw us  he started beating my
husband again and the police didn't do anything instead asked me to bring
the sum of #250,000 so that they can help me. But we didn't have that money.

" That Same day my husband was admitted again at hospital. Unknowingly that
my husband was in the hospital, Mr kawawa came to our house with the same
thugs destroyed our property saying that, my husband will cough out the
money he collected from APC."

Also, speaking on phone with our correspondent, Chester said the whole
issue started on Saturday 26th of March, 2016 about 3:30pm, when
the state PDP coordinator (chairman) asked him to choose a capable
youth that will be able to mobilise youth for the upcoming election which
is going to take place towards the year ending.

" I (iziengbe Chester) didn't answer him  a word. He said chester I've
been talking since and you didn't say a word, and I asked him,to put it in
writing then I left. on the12th of April , 2016 which was on Thursday, I
was with my party (APC) woman leader of my ward , Mrs Enomwengho
Erhunse. That Same day at about 10:30pm in the evening, Kawawa came with his
PA and met me and begged that he  cannot afford to loose the ward to APC
this time that he will give me #200,000 to take care of myself, he  also
said he will do anything to make sure he win the ward. I replied
That he should leave me alone, that I am not going to partake in
it. Mr Desmond a.k.a kawawa, now said he is offering me the position
because he knows that I am the only person who can deliver the
ward to PDP.

"At a point,  he started shouting and said that I should accept the offer or
I will not leave to witness the coming election."

Mr Chester said he had since been on the hidden and therefore used this medium to appeal to the
Inspector general of police to come to his rescue.

A police officer at the Ugbowo Estate police station who pleaded anonymity,
confirmed the incident and said that the matter was under investigation.

The Police Public Relations Officer, in the Edo state command said he was not
aware of the matter.

Edo State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Haleru Gwandu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canada Fitness Hunt Carnival and Competition commences in Benin

Edo Man O' War hold 2024 Commanders' Retreat

The Man Godwin Obaseki: Getting the Job Done - Chris Osa Nehikhare