Ebonyi LGA Chairman slaps and beats female NYSC staff for refusing sexual advances

By Favour Eso

ABAKALIKI – A middle aged woman, Ms Wordi Aleruchi, a staff of the National Youth Service Corps, has reportedly been physically assaulted by the Executive Chairman of Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, Hon. Barrister Clement Odah.

The Chairman it is alleged, had made several sexual advances to Ms Aleruchi, a native of Obio-Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State but to no avail.

Narrating her ordeal to THETRACK correspondent, Ms Aleruchi stated that her refusal to yield to the sexual advances from Barrister Odah made the Chairman very furious and began to issue threats to deal with her ruthlessly. Matters got to a head on Wednesday 29th August 2018 at about 6:30PM, when the Chairman led a band of thugs to invade her house.

“That evening, when the Chairman knocked on my door, I came out only for him to give me a hard slap on my face. When he wanted to slap me again, I held his hand and then the chairman ordered his boys to beat me up. They were kicking and hitting me with several objects while I was shouting for help. My neighbors came in and that was my saving grace. Even some of the neighbors who came to my rescue were manhandled too by the Chairman and his boys. Apart from the injury done to me, the thugs tore my clothes thereby striping me almost naked and also stole two of my phones”.

Injured and battered Face of Ms AleruchiInjured and battered face of Ms Aleruchi

Speaking in the same vein, Barrister Anthony Ukah, solicitor to Ms Aleruchi described the action of Hon. Odah as an act of sheer wickedness unbecoming of a supposed lawyer and a Local Government Chairman. In his words, “We have put up a strongly worded petition to His Excellency, Engr David Umahi the Governor of Ebonyi State, the Ebonyi State House of Assembly as well as the Ebonyi State Commissioner of Police for appropriate actions. The intention of Hon. Odah was no doubt to kill our client and we hope that the authorities would do the needful. We have also gathered enough facts for a petition to the Legal Practitioners Disciplinary Committee.”

“This is a clear case of executive recklessness and abuse of power. Love is not by force and the inability of one man to control his libido, should not put the life of my client in danger.”

When contacted, Hon. Clement Odah stated blankly that the allegation is not true, while declining to state his own account of the encounter with Ms Aleruchi.

Source: TheTrack

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canada Fitness Hunt Carnival and Competition commences in Benin

Edo Man O' War hold 2024 Commanders' Retreat

The Man Godwin Obaseki: Getting the Job Done - Chris Osa Nehikhare