Esan Business Mogul - Dorry Okojie bagged NUJ Prestigious Award

By Isaac Eranga

Benin City: The Edo State Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) yesterday, honoured property merchant an a business mogul, Dr. Dorry Afe Efosa Okojie with the coveted prestigious award of excellence as part of activities marking the 2023 World Press Freedom Day.

Chairman of the Edo State Council of NUJ, Comrade Festus Alenkhe in his remarks noted that the NUJ decided to honour Dr. Dorry Afe Efosa Okojie as one of those who cultivated a robust relationship with journalists in the state.

 He admonished journalists to use their profession to unite the people rather than constitute themselves into  instrument of disunity. 

Alenkhe tasked journalists on holding governments accountable to the people as provided by the 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended.

Responding, the awardee, Dr. Dorry Afe Efosa Okojie thanked the Edo State Council of NUJ for the honour done him, pointing out that it's a challenge to him to do better in all his endeavours.

"I can't thank NUJ Edo Council enough for this recognition. Am delighted, I appreciate the fact that am being recognized. I don't live in Edo State, am from Edo State; I was born and bred in Benin, I only did my tertiary education outside the country, the UK. My business is in Lagos and I feel very honoured that am being reached to receive an award in Edo State. 

"I am proud to be from this state and  happy that my people recognize me. This is also a challenge for me to do better. It means whatever I am  doing that I have to continue to do it better, I have to improve in my field and also in every other aspects, be it charity, be it philanthropy, be it friendship, even within family; it just means I have to do better. And I will do better and by God's grace I'll do better in every area that has to do with the state; I'll do a lot more than I have ever imagined. I really appreciate that this award is coming from my state".

When the real estate mogul was asked if he would contest the Edo State 2024 governorship election as he his name is ringing a bell across the state, he said: I am still consulting. I definitely want to be there for my people. I will really love to direct the affairs and do things better and such that there's good inclusiveness. I am interested and still doing due consultation and am sure you will hear from me when consultations are concluded".

Present at the ceremony were friends and business associates of Dorry Okojie, including Mr. Harry Ebohon, journalists and many other invited guests.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canada Fitness Hunt Carnival and Competition commences in Benin

Edo Man O' War hold 2024 Commanders' Retreat

The Man Godwin Obaseki: Getting the Job Done - Chris Osa Nehikhare